Getting in Touch

0

Written on 3:45 PM by isko b. doo

I was scouring the Net for the ideal digital SLR for me after saving up for what seemed like forever on my meager salary (that means skipping dinner and lunch or relying on good Samaritans to feed me).

And so it happens when you're Googling, you get ping-ponged to different pages and I stumbled upon this site (www.shopwiki.com) which promises to be the biggest platform for linking sellers with online shoppers. How does it work? Think Google for shopaholics. It doesn't take rocket science to understand the first page since every product is categorized for easy browsing. Perfect for the older set who are easily intimidated by complicated layouts and voluminous ads.

The site features easy-to-read guidelines (http://www.shopwiki.com/wiki/Digital+Cameras) for those who are seriously considering to purchase a product but is tied down on budget constraints; for added measure, products are rated according to popularity, reliability, efficiency, and value.


Each product also comes with a review and comment from previous shoppers and owners which greatly helps in making that big jump. Take me for example, I've always been partial to Nikon because I just love it's sleek black look. Although it would be impractical because only Canon has a service center here in Davao City, so if my new Nikon camera acts up, I would have to send it to Manila for repairs. But what the heck, I am anything but practical.


So I just clicked the Nikon D80 below (http://www.shopwiki.com/search/Nikon+D80) the Prosumer SLRs option to the right and it brought me to this window which allows me to choose what store offers the cheapest cost, rebates or free shipping package, etc. Now, how cool is that?


A quick flip through the list and I immediately found what I want. At about $720 and factoring in the exchange rate at P50.00 against the greenback, I still get to save a few thousand bucks if I purchase a kit here with a price range of not less than P40K.


And it's brand new! Unlike if I bid online for second-hand DLSRs. Born of the previous generation with horrible attention span, it takes a lot to sustain my interest. But the simple layout, minimal ads, and hassle-free steps make this site perfect for the technology-challenged like me. I've never tried shopping online before because I thought it was for sissies but I think this is as good a time as any to get in touch with my feminine side.


If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment