theory of relativity

2

Written on 10:10 PM by isko b. doo




Digging into my pockets yesterday, I realized I only have P85.00 and change left. How much P85.00 would buy?

I remember when I was in Tawi-tawi island, writing about one of the projects of a company known for promoting corporate social responsibility.

We arrived there about 2:00 p.m. and so we went off to the market for our dinner that night. Their public market was anything but orderly. The sheer volume of the crowd made it almost necessary to walk shoulder to shoulder with a stranger. To my left was an old woman, a turban on her head and a cigar on her mouth, almost a caricature of herself.

The smoke from her cigar burned my nostrils and I couldn’t look away because the guy to my right looked like he could skin me alive without breaking a sweat.

There we were, in single file. My hands on the shoulders of the local contact in front of me, my companion’s hands were on my shoulders. Like three-year olds, treading an imaginary line. To this day, I couldn’t remember how we made it out of there with vegetables, imbao (shellfish), and kuracha (sea centipede) and fresh isda sa bato in hand.

Our expenses for the feast? A mere P85.00 and change.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

2 Comments

  1. qwadro |

    foam roof insulationBusiness Intelligence Consulting
    The smoke from her cigar burned my nostrils and I couldn’t look away because the guy to my right looked like he could skin me alive without breaking a sweat.

    There we were, in single file. My hands on the shoulders of the local contact in front of me, my companion’s hands were on my shoulders. Like three-year olds, treading an imaginary line. To this day, I couldn’t remember how we made it out of there with vegetables, imbao (shellfish), and kuracha (sea centipede) and fresh isda sa bato in hand.

     
  2. Anonymous |

    solar home panelsXerox 6125 tonerHi. Your blog is so beautiful, it's very logical layout. I also want to make a good blog like yours but not impossible. I was lucky to know your blog, I will visit often. This article is very interesting and meaningful. Thank you very much. Hope you do not delete my signature ! Thank you very much! :)

     

Post a Comment